Thank you for trying out the DPI Studios Augmented Reality BETA app. Currently the BETA is available for Android devices only. Apple device support will be coming in the future. In order for you to try out the BETA you need to allow Unknown Sources in your devices security settings. Here’s a video in case you are unsure how to do that.
Work to be done
- iOS version. I need to obtain a Mac to author on.
- Low end device optimizations. Currently the app does not run well on older or low power devices. Ideally I want to add the ability to toggle some effects between low and high quality.
- Download only what you want. An ideal feature I want is a method for users to download only the images they own. Every scene takes up space, so why download a large app full of image scenes you don’t own?
- UI improvements. In order to accommodate previously mentioned features the UI will need a major overhaul.
- New scenes. This will be an ongoing effort even after the final app is released.
Here’s a link to the BETA from my Dropbox account. Downloading and installing the app on your device should be pretty straight forward with that link, but if you need some help here’s a page explaining what an APK file is and how to install it.
Suggestions and Feedback
Got a suggestion or a bug? Let me know.